About Me

My photo
San Diego, CA, United States
My Datsun 510 is a work in progress. I was into Datsun's the day after I was born and this was the car literally rode in. So my interest in cars recently came about when I saw our family's old 510 rusting in a field for the past 25 years, until 2009 when I decided to take it on as my restoration project. Thought I'd start this blog about just different stuff that interests me (not just cars but hobbies too). This car is not for sale nor will it ever be for sale. *If your car is featured here against your wishes or you see incorrect information, please contact me at classicdatsuns@gmail.com , and I will make any necessary changes. Have fun viewing. I am not affiliated with any sponsors, company, or body shop. I'm just a dude that likes Datsuns.

Saturday, March 5, 2011

*sigh* aaaahhhhhhhh update

OK, so I'm back from my trip to Oregon.  I wasn't able to get my 510 down here.  I bet if you're reading this you're probably thinking "WHAT HAPPENED?" (you may even have those comic book bubbles above your head too).   Well here's the scoop.  Underestimated gas, and to make matters worse on the day of my reservation, it snowed about a foot.  My trip was mainly to see family and I can say I had a good visit.  Starting to look at transport companies for shipping quotes.

I keep daydreaming about what direction I want to go when it comes time to fix the 510.  A search on youtube for stock 510 reveals very little.  It seems nearly every 510 on youtube has some kind of engine swap, drop, gutted interior, the trendy rusty look, or stuff like that...and that's cool, I guess but I'm just not feelin it.  I'm really getting the impression that stock is beautiful.  I could appreciate more a clean restoration of an original rather than dropping a big horsepower motor and neglecting the shell.  Maybe I'm getting old, haha.  It's only my taste and style, but keep in mind, I'm only daydreaming for now.

I took quite a few pictures during my trip to Oregon so I'll post those up soon enough.  If you're reading this, stay tuned, I'll be sure to post another update soon.

No comments: