About Me

My photo
San Diego, CA, United States
My Datsun 510 is a work in progress. I was into Datsun's the day after I was born and this was the car literally rode in. So my interest in cars recently came about when I saw our family's old 510 rusting in a field for the past 25 years, until 2009 when I decided to take it on as my restoration project. Thought I'd start this blog about just different stuff that interests me (not just cars but hobbies too). This car is not for sale nor will it ever be for sale. *If your car is featured here against your wishes or you see incorrect information, please contact me at classicdatsuns@gmail.com , and I will make any necessary changes. Have fun viewing. I am not affiliated with any sponsors, company, or body shop. I'm just a dude that likes Datsuns.

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

In The Shop You Go.

So I took my buddy to drop his car(Nismo 350Z) off at the body shop for minor repair.  The car in front of the Z is a 80's Buick Regal T-Type, Grand National, or GNX.  Fastest American made car for the mid 80's.  I couldn't exactly tell which variation this was because it was stripped of all the emblems.  I got pretty excited because I use to own a Regal and found a deep respect for them.  There were a few that came with V8's but most came standard with a V6.  The turbo models were all V6 as well and they only came in 3 colors.  Black, white, and grey except the GNX (the fastest and rarest of the turbo models) which only came in black.

Another car I snapped a picture of is this black old school BMW with wide body fenders.  Everything on the car was clean (as in a little dusty but body and paint done flawlessly).  I don't know too much about BMW's to tell you what kind this was.


The shop also was working on our friend's S14 240SX drift car with turbo KA motor also a little dusty.

3 comments:

kyushakai said...

OOOooooh looks like a BMW 2002. I wanted one of those super bad, but the stigma of German car parts being so much more expensive versus Japanese parts led me to my Z.

Drive510 said...

I paced with another one on the freeway 2 days ago. Sounded like it was straight-piped. Hope to see your Datsun in person. Let me know when you're in San Diego or socal.

kyushakai said...

For sure man! I went to SD last year for the first time and I love that city! So chill!