About Me

My photo
San Diego, CA, United States
My Datsun 510 is a work in progress. I was into Datsun's the day after I was born and this was the car literally rode in. So my interest in cars recently came about when I saw our family's old 510 rusting in a field for the past 25 years, until 2009 when I decided to take it on as my restoration project. Thought I'd start this blog about just different stuff that interests me (not just cars but hobbies too). This car is not for sale nor will it ever be for sale. *If your car is featured here against your wishes or you see incorrect information, please contact me at classicdatsuns@gmail.com , and I will make any necessary changes. Have fun viewing. I am not affiliated with any sponsors, company, or body shop. I'm just a dude that likes Datsuns.

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Random Stuff Going On

Like the title says.  I haven't been doing much.  Just busy with work and home and church life.  Here are some pictures.
Here's the latest t-shirt I bought from my church (Calvary Chapel San Diego) for a good cause.  I love the design and the money raised is to help out people affected areas in and around Sendai prefecture to help out where needed.  If you would like a shirt, please contact me through email classicdatsuns@gmail.com and I can send you more info and get you in touch directly with the seller or whatever.


Decided to doodle a 510 and go shakotan with some Work Equip 01 rims.  Looks like a chopped Bluebird huh?  eh, oh well.

Picked up a Japanese magazine specifically highlighting the 510 for issue number 1!!  SWEEEETT!!!  Everything is in Japanese but when I got home, I started seeing some Southern California owners that I've come to know, featured in the magazine with their photos surrounded in Japanese writing and car history(I'm assuming).  How cool is that??  

Not as expensive as I thought, I decided to pick up this 4" angle grinder.  Paid about 25 dollars for it on top of a 2 year warranty from "Harbor Freight".  My other option was the 4.5" angle grinder which was on sale for $12 but it didn't come with a blade and was less powerful.  Planning on cutting my exhaust off because I stripped the only bolt holding it the the header(told myself 'way to go genius'[rolls eyes]).  Everything is rust morphed solid to the header anyway and is crumbling away as I'm working on it at the same time.  No chance in saving any part of the exhaust. I'll be sure to keep posting.

No comments: