About Me

My photo
San Diego, CA, United States
My Datsun 510 is a work in progress. I was into Datsun's the day after I was born and this was the car literally rode in. So my interest in cars recently came about when I saw our family's old 510 rusting in a field for the past 25 years, until 2009 when I decided to take it on as my restoration project. Thought I'd start this blog about just different stuff that interests me (not just cars but hobbies too). This car is not for sale nor will it ever be for sale. *If your car is featured here against your wishes or you see incorrect information, please contact me at classicdatsuns@gmail.com , and I will make any necessary changes. Have fun viewing. I am not affiliated with any sponsors, company, or body shop. I'm just a dude that likes Datsuns.

Friday, June 17, 2011

On The Grind

Decided to work on the car a little bit.  Got busy with cutting the exhaust off.   My buddy Joe came over and helped with taking the exhaust piping off.   The header is still attached but before I got busy, I decided to play around with my camera a little bit.











 
Decided to take the valve cover off and see how bad it was.  It actually wasn't that bad under there.  I have no idea if the timing chain is actually timed or not.  I still can't find that Haynes manual.




The next order of business is getting that Haynes manual and trying to work on the brakes and get some stopping power.  Along with that, I'd like to remove the fuel tank and clean it out. 

No comments: