A few days later, I finally found time to start removing the carpet.
I've never seen carpet pin tabs like these before. I saved a few for reference so I could possibly find them again if I needed to.
Decided to also save the rubber mat from the driver's side. I'm in hopes to either use the exact same one or either find a NOS replica.
Such a dusty mess. Dirty enough to turn my boogers black.
I found what I believe is one of my siblings baby bottles under the seat. That nipple looks fit for a mummy. Gross.
Now back seat carpet is coming out too.
Cleaned it up and vacuumed it with my shop vac. Floor boards actually look really good. You can see where I took a chisel to get the sound deadening material off. The color doesn't look good but that color simply seems to be a small film of rust that I can easily wipe away. I'm not done with the entire removal of the sound deadening material so I really won't know what the condition is for the rest of the floor panels. I'll be sure to post updates when I find out.
A little bit of the sound deadening material scraped up for the drivers side. Still a lot more to remove.