About Me

My photo
San Diego, CA, United States
My Datsun 510 is a work in progress. I was into Datsun's the day after I was born and this was the car literally rode in. So my interest in cars recently came about when I saw our family's old 510 rusting in a field for the past 25 years, until 2009 when I decided to take it on as my restoration project. Thought I'd start this blog about just different stuff that interests me (not just cars but hobbies too). This car is not for sale nor will it ever be for sale. *If your car is featured here against your wishes or you see incorrect information, please contact me at classicdatsuns@gmail.com , and I will make any necessary changes. Have fun viewing. I am not affiliated with any sponsors, company, or body shop. I'm just a dude that likes Datsuns.

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Missed Opportunity - 1977 Datsun 810 Sedan (was) For Sale

So last week, I've been eyeballing a craigslist add that I came across in my area.  It was a 1977 Datsun 810 4dr sedan that someone was selling.  The seller listed it for $500 obo and as running, but not good (to me, that's good enough especially for the price they were asking).  After 2 e-mails that I sent to the seller, I received no reply and eventually the add expired from craigslist.  I was soooo willing to go to the ATM and pull the cash out provided the seller has the title/pink slip for legal name transfer.  UUUUUGGGGGGGGHHHHHHH   NNNNOOOOOOooooooooooo.  =(

Although I don't have any photos of the actual car that was listed, I did find a few 810's on the web and a few 710's and 610's and their brethren from Japan. The 810's were actually first produced in 1977 RWD(still badged as a Bluebird) and stayed into production which later became the Nissan Maxima.  Then the Maximas became fwd in the 80's (a few versions later) and people thought they were great for snow, ...but anyways.

Here are some pictures full of WIN from a car that is largely underestimated and forgotten.   Keep in mind that these cars were slightly different in Japan and also went by different names such as the Violet, Laurel, and so on.  After 77 & 78 the North American market largely went on to produce these cars with square headlights.









1 comment:

Anonymous said...

there is only one datsin 810 in the pictures you posted. most of them are 610.