Here is where I left off after removing the carpet. I got busy removing the sound deadening material to get it down to bare metal. I started my night, last night on the right side and worked my way to the back seat. Armed with only a flat wood chisel, I chipped away, little by little.
I was nearly finished with the front. Then I got to work on the back seat.
I wasn't able to run the shop vac because it was close to midnight, so I simply scraped up as much as I could by hand. The color doesn't look appealing at all but I'm just glad that there is very little rust that I need to worry about. It's actually looking pretty good and I'm pleased with the work I've done so far. I feel like I'm a baby step closer toward the right direction of a proper restoration. Using the wood chisel by hand and switching from left to right, made my thumbs feel like noodles after I was done. I don't think my thumbs ever hurt this bad. =(