About Me

My photo
San Diego, CA, United States
My Datsun 510 is a work in progress. I was into Datsun's the day after I was born and this was the car literally rode in. So my interest in cars recently came about when I saw our family's old 510 rusting in a field for the past 25 years, until 2009 when I decided to take it on as my restoration project. Thought I'd start this blog about just different stuff that interests me (not just cars but hobbies too). This car is not for sale nor will it ever be for sale. *If your car is featured here against your wishes or you see incorrect information, please contact me at classicdatsuns@gmail.com , and I will make any necessary changes. Have fun viewing. I am not affiliated with any sponsors, company, or body shop. I'm just a dude that likes Datsuns.

Monday, August 15, 2011

Scraping The Interior Floor

Here is where I left off after removing the carpet.  I got busy removing the sound deadening material to get it down to bare metal.  I started my night, last night on the right side and worked my way to the back seat.  Armed with only a flat wood chisel, I chipped away, little by little. 
  



I was nearly finished with the front.  Then I got to work on the back seat.

I wasn't able to run the shop vac because it was close to midnight, so I simply scraped up as much as I could by hand.  The color doesn't look appealing at all but I'm just glad that there is very little rust that I need to worry about.  It's actually looking pretty good and I'm pleased with the work I've done so far.  I feel like I'm a baby step closer toward the right direction of a proper restoration.  Using the wood chisel by hand and switching from left to right, made my thumbs feel like noodles after I was done.  I don't think my thumbs ever hurt this bad. =(


No comments: