About Me

My photo
San Diego, CA, United States
My Datsun 510 is a work in progress. I was into Datsun's the day after I was born and this was the car literally rode in. So my interest in cars recently came about when I saw our family's old 510 rusting in a field for the past 25 years, until 2009 when I decided to take it on as my restoration project. Thought I'd start this blog about just different stuff that interests me (not just cars but hobbies too). This car is not for sale nor will it ever be for sale. *If your car is featured here against your wishes or you see incorrect information, please contact me at classicdatsuns@gmail.com , and I will make any necessary changes. Have fun viewing. I am not affiliated with any sponsors, company, or body shop. I'm just a dude that likes Datsuns.

Friday, February 10, 2012

No Camera - No Bueno

         I properly named this blog post in Spanish.  I know enough Spanish to converse and keep me alive in a Spanish speaking country but that's besides the point.  For those of you that only know English - it's translated: "No Camera - Not Good".
          My camera has been missing in action now for about 2 weeks and I haven't been able to take photos so I'll try my best to describe what I've been doing.
           I've put off removing the rest of the dashboard for now and the front end of the car is jacked up off the ground sitting on 2 jackstands.  I concentrated on removing the transmission and it seems like I can simply lift it out of there but I think I'd rather drop the transmission than lift it.  Anyway, it's kinda sagging and there are some suspension components in the way.  So I removed both front tires and this morning I was able to remove the front sway bar this morning and I'm planning on taking out the rest of the suspension later when I have some time.  Being a father certainly takes up most of my free time though and it's not like I can hit the garage anytime but I'm trying to take my time and get things done right.  Hopefully these parts will be powder coated pretty soon...AND I HOPE TO HAVE MY CAMERA SOON, so I'll keep posting and let you all know what's happening.

No comments: